Preventative maintenance agreements (PMAs) are agreements between you and Mike’s Heating and Air Conditioning for scheduled inspections and maintenance of your heating, ventilation, and air conditioning (HVAC) system.
Sometimes PMAs are referred to as “planned maintenance agreements,” “start and checks,” or “preventative service agreements.” PMAs are generally set up at a minimum as a preseason service in the spring and fall to maintain peak efficiency, help keep utility bills lower, extend the life of your HVAC system, and avert failures. Unless requested by your company or otherwise noted on the proposal, our PMAs cover an inspection of the entire HVAC system and routine maintenance such as replacing or cleaning filters.
Our program includes all maintenance materials, filters, gaskets, oils and lubricants required to perform these inspection tasking procedures:
- Air Filter Maintenance: Included in this program are filter changes for your equipment. Mike’s Heating will provide the labor and materials to change the filters as well as provide for disposal of the used filters.
- Corrective Maintenance and Component Replacement Coverage: The main objective of this plan is to maintain your equipment at optimum peak efficiency. During the course of executing the maintenance tasking procedures, our technicians are trained to identify impending problems. This allows our office to be able to locate replacement parts and provide a quote to your business for any necessary repairs.
- Emergency Coverage: Even with the comprehensive care provided in this program, occasional failures may occur. Under this agreement, we will provide emergency response services between scheduled visits any day of the week including holidays, 24 hours a day. Even during peak heating or cooling periods, we will be onsite within 4 hours of receipt of your request.
- Refrigerant Containment Service: We will report needed repairs on any equipment found low on refrigerant. We will use recovery, recycling and reclamation of your refrigerant as appropriate to minimize costs of refrigerant replacement. Such work will be done per all federal, state, and local regulatory guidelines.
- Service Documentation: We will document all work completed showing the date, time, name of technician, equipment information, and brief description of work completed. These records are available upon request.